Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Gavin's nursery!

Designing and decorating rooms is my ABSOLUTE favorite thing to do in the world. I had been thinking about nursery designs since before I even got pregnant! Then, when we found out we were having a baby I spent countless hours looking on awesome websites like projectnursery.com trying to get ideas. In no time, I had completely designed my little girls nursery...but then we found out we were having a BOY! I had looked and looked at boys bedding and ideas, but I couldn't find ANYTHING I even remotely liked that didn't remind me of my classroom at school! Decorating for a boy was very challenging-but once I picked my colors and decided on a style, I had a blast pulling everything together! Here is a look at Gavin's Vintage Industrial Inspired Nursery! Hopefully, it will inspire and encourage those of you who are having boys and are not impressed with whats out there! :)






These drawings were done by my very talented father on linen scrapbook paper. The frames are from various barn sales and antique shops. The changing table is from Craigslist-we painted it gray, distressed it and added yellow knobs from Anthropologie.


This antique china cabinet is another craigslist find.  We backed it in Map wrapping paper with modge podge :) I also added map knobs from Anthro. Everyone asks about the Owl bookends-I think my friend Rachel got them from Laylagrayce.com :)



The crib is a Jenny Lind that we spray painted pewter....took forEVER! The bedding fabric is from JoAnns and I had it made. I made the mobile with stryro balls and yarn and the Vintage Flashcards are from Etsy. The letters are hung on chicken wire staple gunned to the wall. I painted the chevron print and put it in old cross-stitch frames.

The rug is from PB. The side table is from Ikea and we spray painted it red. The G is from a thrift store in Dallas called Junkadoodle. I made the bolster pillow out of leftover fabric and I also made the curtains with fabric from JoAnns. I saw this lamp at Anthropologie for $325...
...yeah right! So Ryan and I made it out of a PVC pipe, wood circles, yarn, twine and a light kit!

The scripture frame was made by my sister Stephanie and I made the bulletin board from an empty frame and chicken wire. 



Lots of work, but it was totally worth it!
 I think Gavin kinda likes it too... ;)






No comments:

Post a Comment