Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Fancy Gentleman Shower

...to celebrate Kirsten and her fine little fella, Nixon! 
This shower was SO much fun to plan because 1. Kirsten and I have similar taste  2. It was kind of challenging. Kirsten loved the gold fabric I used in my friend Rachel's bridal shower, here. We wondered if we could pull something together using the fancy gold fabric but still keep it masculine. When I found these invitations...
  ...It all came together in my mind! After one intensive night on Pinterest,  her fancy yet masculine gentleman shower was born! Complete with lions, bowler hats, bow ties, cigar boxes, gold accents and houndstooth fabric. 

This is the same diaper cake I made for her school shower, I just switched out the fabric and yarn.

wishes for baby!
I looooove this cute little onesie from GAP.  I have to give Kirsten credit for the way she displayed it at her shower! She is brilliant! 

Here is the spread...fancy gold fabric on top of brown houndstooth. We used old cigar boxes to display a lot of the food.








Lemon bundtini's from Nothing Bundt Cakes... DELISH!

drinks/mimosa's

tassels=cute but VERY time consuming

root beer and cream soda

gold dipped wine glasses


hostesses!! Love you girls!
G had to be there of course!
pretty Kirsten! Can't wait until August 13th....or sooner ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment